Boiler installation and Repair services
Efficiency is a key element when considering a new boiler. The most efficient type of boiler for home heating is the condensing gas boiler. We at B.Brill Plumbing & Heating specialise in Boiler Installation in Milton Keynes.
Before you buy a new boiler, there are several things you should consider. Here is a list of things you should look into:
What type of boiler do you need?
There are three different types of boiler you can consider:
- The first kind is a combination boiler, which is used for central heating and on demand hot water, no storage tanks.
- The second type is heat only boiler, which is attached to the water storage tanks and hot water cylinder.
- The third type is known as a system boiler, which is attached to your hot water tank but has no header tank.
Most importantly boiler efficiency. This is a key element of the gas boilers we provide at B.Brill Plumbing & Heating and all our boilers are A rated.
You may want to consider replacing your heating controls so you have full control over your hot water and heating. New smart controls are available now so you can use your smart phone or tablet to control your heating.
We can guarantee you that the heating repair, boiler servicing and boiler installation provided by B.Brill Plumbing & Heating is superior to any other company offering Boiler Installation in Milton Keynes. We hold to the highest safety standards and never install a system that could be a danger to you or your loved ones. Call today for a free no obligation quotation.
The Energy Saving Trust estimates that a central heating boiler is responsible for 60% of your household energy bills, so having a more efficient boiler can make a sizeable difference to your bills.
Most new condensing boilers are A rated which means their efficiency is 90% or more. The efficiency of your old boiler will depend on a number of factors but typically an old non-condensing boiler would be G rated which means it is less than 70% efficient and could well be only 55% - 70% efficient.
Depending on your gas bill, moving to a more efficient condensing boiler could save £200-300 per year.
See the energysavingtrust.org.uk website for more details on how to claim ⋅150 cash back.
The importance of regular Inspections and Certifications
B.Brill takes gas safety seriously and all of our Gas Safe Registered engineers are qualified to undertake gas safety inspections.
In 1996 the government passed a law that requires all landlords, who rent either part or all of a property, to have all household gas appliances and pipes checked every 12 months with a Landlord gas safety certificate to this effect.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection include?
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidlelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible.
If you wish to book a gas safety inspection please contact us.
We are Gas Safe registered
B.Brill takes gas safety seriously. All of our engineers are on the Gas Safe Register and will have their official identity card when you ask to see it.
Gas Safe Register is the official gas safety organisation in Great Britain, it replaced CORGI on 1st April 2009.
Gas Safe Register is responsible for the registration and regulation of gas engineers. Membership is mandatory for any company or engineer working with gas appliances.